Riptide steps up to the rigors of saltwater and never backs down. Where lesser motors fold their tents and head home under pressure, Riptide brings it day after day. You simply cannot find a trolling motor better suited to give saltwater the ultimate staredown. Riptide Transom's remarkably simple, one-hand stow mechanism gets the motor in and out of the water in no time. Just pull up and forward to stow. When it's time to fish, use the easy-access thumb release to deploy Riptide into any one of ten different positions. The innovative collar above the Riptide mount allows you to adjust steering tension to your desired level. You can keep it loose for effortless steering or tighten it down to keep Riptide in place, allowing for true vertical stowing. Riptides ergonomically contoured Tilt/Extend Tiller handle can both tilt(up to 45 degrees) and extend (up to 6-Inch) to fit any style of fishing, and it tilts downward for easy storage. A convenient digital battery indicator is located right on the motor head.
Built to handle the rigors of saltwater and never back down, the Minn Kota Riptide 45/S Transom Mount Trolling Motor gives saltwater the ultimate stare-down. The Riptide offers unequaled saltwater performance and corrosion protection thanks to Minn Kota's premium-grade marine alloys, aluminum upper arms, and special zinc dichromate armor plating finished with a durable 5-mil TGIC polyester, powder coat paint. The Power Prop motor is designed to push through heavy vegetation and the electronics are fully encapsulated in marine-grade urethane to protect the electronic circuitry. All electrical connections are sealed with liquid-tight heat shrink tubing to form an impregnable barrier against saltwater. Finally, the indestructible composite shaft, guaranteed for life not to break, kink or corrode and Riptide's patented sacrificial zinc anode results in a motor that is completely protected from salt water's destructive forces.
In addition to providing the greatest possible durability and reliability in the water, the Riptide Motor offers the ergonomic ease-of-use and high performance features required of a successful trolling motor. The Riptide is equipped with a remarkably simple, one-hand stow mechanism that gets the motor in and out of the water in no time--just pull up and forward to stow. When it's time to fish, the Quick-Lock Cam Depth Adjuster makes depth adjustment simple and easy and locks in tight to keep your motor exactly where you want it. An innovative collar above the Riptide mount allows you to adjust steering tension to your desired level--keep it loose for effortless steering or tighten it down to keep Riptide Transom in place--allowing for true vertical stowing. The Riptide's ergonomically contoured Tilt/Extend Tiller handle can both tilt up to 45 degrees and extend up to 6 inches to fit any style of fishing. The tiller tilts downward for easy storage. A convenient digital Push-to-Test Battery Gauge is located right on the motor head delivering an instant 'state of charge'. Finally, this 5-speed motor (5 forward speeds, 3 reverse speeds) runs with cool, quiet power--so quiet, the fish will never hear you coming, thanks to extra large windings and commutators to dissipate heat, and a unique bearing system reduces friction to cut fish-spooking noise.
With a maximum thrust of 45, the 12-volt Riptide 45/S Trolling Motor features a 36-inch shaft length. The motor is backed by a 2-year warranty and the composite shaft is backed by a lifetime warranty. If you want to fish on the salt sea--you can't do better than a Minn Kota Riptide Motor.
- Maximum Thrust: 45
- Volts: 12
- Shaft Length: 36 inches
- Mount: One-Hand Stow
- Control: Tilt/Extend Tiller
- Speeds: 5 forward, 3 reverse
- One-Hand Stow: A remarkably simple, one-hand stow mechanism gets Riptide Transom in and out of the water in no time. Just pull up and forward to stow the motor with no buttons or release levers. Then when it's time to go, use the easy-access thumb release to deploy Riptide Transom into any of ten different positions.
- Steering Tension Control: The innovative new tension collar above the Riptide Transom mount allows you to adjust steering tension precisely to your desired level. Keep it loose for effortless steering or tighten it down to keep Riptide Transom in place--which allows for true vertical stowing.
- Quick-Lock Cam Depth Adjuster: Change depths simply and securely with the Quick-Lock cam adjuster. It makes depth adjustment simple and locks in tight to keep your motor right where you want it.
- Tilt/Extend Tiller: Get the best of both worlds on your hand control motor with the new Tilt/Extend Tiller. It can both tilt (up to 45 degrees) and extend (6 inches) to fit the way you fish.
- Push-to-Test Battery Gauge--Riptide Transom: Get an instant 'state of charge' with this easy-to-read gauge.
- Power Prop: The Power Prop delivers extra power to help you push through heavy vegetation.
- Advanced Corrosion Protection: Riptide motors are impervious to salt water's corrosive effects, thanks to premium-grade marine alloys and aluminum upper arms. Metals undergo a rigid multi-step cleaning process before being anodized or coated with a special zinc dichromate armor plating. All components are then finished with a durable 5-mil TGIC polyester, powder coat paint. When it's all done, you're left with unequaled corrosion protection.
- Fully Encapsulated Electronics: Marine-grade urethane fully encapsulates Riptide control boards to protect the electronic circuitry. Also, all electrical connections are sealed with liquid-tight heat shrink tubing to form an impregnable barrier against saltwater.
- Sacrificial Anode: Galvanic corrosion occurs when two dissimilar metals come into electrical contact through saltwater. Riptide fights back with a patented sacrificial zinc anode, a composite shaft and properly balanced materials that are close in electrical potential. The result is a motor that's completely protected from salt water's destructive forces.
- Indestructible Composite Shaft: Pound for pound, our composite shaft is stronger than steel. It flexes on impact and won't break, kink or corrode. That's why we're confident enough to make it the only trolling motor shaft that's guaranteed for life.
- Cool, Quiet Power: Nothing runs cooler or more quietly than a Minn Kota. Our extra large windings and commutators dissipate heat, resulting in cooler operation, extended battery power, and longer motor life. And our unique bearing system reduces friction to cut fish-spooking noise. So quiet, they'll never hear you coming.
About Minn Kota:
With over 75 years of innovation and power on the water, Minn Kota Motors has been delivering some of the best-built trolling motors in the world for three quarters of a century. Beginning in 1934 in Fargo, North Dakota, Minn Kota began with Mr. O. G. Schmidt's invention of the trolling motor. Because of its proximity to the MINNesota--North DaKOTA border, The Minn Kota Manufacturing Company name was born. Since its founding, Minn Kota has led the way in product innovation and cutting-edge technology with a long list of 'firsts' that include: first electric gear-driven motor (1934); first electric motor with reverse switch (1965); first built-in electronic/variable speed control (1986); first computer-controlled motor, first self-steering unit (AutoPilot) (1991); first fully automatic trolling motor (Genesis) (1999); and first DualBeam integrated transducer - 83kHz/200kHz with temperature sensing (Universal Sonar 2) (2007) among numerous other innovations in its 75 years of business.
Motor: two years; Composite Shaft: lifetime